King County Parent and Family Coalition
We protect and promote the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Based on the premises of learning and leadership, the King County Parent and Family Coalition for Developmental Disabilities is our grassroots advocacy program. Through it we help people build the world they want for their loved ones.
- Access to early learning and child care
- Access to habilitative services that help individuals keep, learn or improve skills needed for daily living
- A quality education that prepares youth for citizenship and careers
- A chance to work, volunteer or otherwise contribute to the community
- Affordable housing and safe communities
- Support for family caregivers
- Access to community-based health and social services
We help people develop the relationships and skills they need to change systems.
- Co-hosts of King County’s annual legislative forum for developmental disabilities
- Monthly gatherings to learn about and explore topics
- Issue education and legislative updates
- Advocacy Day participation in Olympia
- Year-round opportunities to testify
- Annual inclusion Awards for legislators and advocates
- Washington State Parent Coalitions
- The Arc of Washington
- Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council
- Community Advocacy Coalition for Developmental Disabilities
- Early Learning Action Alliance/Children’s Alliance
- Washington Low Income Housing Alliance
- King County Board for Developmental Disabilities